Financial Literacy Scholarship
The Financial Services Roundtable Scholarship Foundation established a financial literacy college scholarship in 2011 to honor high school seniors who successfully completed a financial literacy course. This is a $5000 scholarship towards tuition during their first year at an accredited four-year college or university.
The Financial Services Roundtable Scholarship Foundation Review Committee will select high school students based on the qualifications and criteria for the scholarship listed below. The Review Committee includes representatives from the Foundation's non-profit partners.
Congratuations to the 2013 Financial Services Roundtable Scholarship Foundation Financial Literacy Scholarship Recipients:
- Dora Almazan, Houston, TX
- Cassie Brading, Byhalia, MS
- Joe Fabela, San Antonio, TX
- Kierra Franklin, Chicago, IL
- Nathan Friar, Wauzeka, WI
- Alberto Garcia, Reno, NV
- Edgar Gomez, Chicago, IL
- Paulena Hopson, Chicago, IL
- Jazzmine Jenkins, Lawrenceville, GA
- Rai Anna Lundeen, La Crosse, WI
- Stephanie Navidad-Marcos, Reno, NV
- Brandon Patino, Tucson, AZ
- Alex Suryapranata, Houston, TX
- Meklit Thomas, Alexandria, VA
- Mateo Valencia, Houston, TX
Established in February 2008, the Financial Services Roundtable Scholarship Foundation honors former chairmen of The Financial Services Roundtable through scholarships to college students who wish to pursue careers in the financial services industry, or graduating high-school seniors who have successfully completed a financial literacy course, among other requirements. Recipients are selected based on equal parts academic achievement, character, and financial need. The Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) and is supplemented by annual voluntary contributions from Financial Services Roundtable member companies, executives, and other sources.